July 15, 2011
The Town of Hempstead Department of Parks & Recreation presents a wide variety of aquatics programs each season. The Aquatics division offers swimming and diving lessons, sponsors an organized swim team and conducts lifeguard interviews. Click on the links to the right to view details on this season's offerings. For information on respective programs, please call (516) 292-9000, extension 239.
Registration for all aquatics classes will be held on a first-come, first-served basis. Class size will be limited for all programs. Fees for aquatics classes must be paid by CHECK or MONEY ORDER payable to the Town of Hempstead.
|Important Requirements for Aquatics Classes
- At all times a parent or guardian must accompany children who are younger than 10 years of age.
- For safety reasons, children must measure 46 inches in height.
- Proof of age and Hempstead Town residency are required for participation.
- The daily admission rate or a valid pool pass is required of all persons participating in the Learn to Swim and Dive classes.
- Class payment must be made in the form of a check or money order made out to the Town of Hempstead.
- The town lifeguards reserve the right to limit class and team size.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each person may only register his or her own family.
- Swim classes must have a minimum of six persons to be held.
- Registration is closed the first day of class.
- A $5.00 late registration fee must be paid for all classes the day after registration.
- NO REFUNDS