- Parent Category: Building & Zoning
- Category: Building Department
- July 15, 2011
Hempstead, NY 11550
The Department of Buildings strives to preserve life and property and maintain the suburban quality of life through the administration and enforcement of building, plumbing, electrical and housing codes. The department enforces the ordinances, rules and regulations relating to unsafe buildings, multiple residences, places of public assembly, the use and occupancy of real property, buildings and structures. The Building Department is responsible for performing all inspection and enforcement activities with relation to all laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations within the general administration of the department.
- Our Front Counter hours of operation are 8 AM to 4:45 PM.
- Building Inspectors can be reached by phone at (516) 812-3088 from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM, prior to their field inspections.
- Plumbing Inspectors can be reached by phone at (516) 812-3126 from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM, prior to their field inspections.
- Housing and Zoning Inspectors can be reached by phone at (516) 812-3052 or (516) 812-3115 or (516) 812-3107 from 9 AM to 10:30 AM, prior to their field inspections.
- Plans Examiners can be reached by phone at (516) 812-3073 from 9 AM to 12 noon. When making an appointment with a Plans Examiner, you must call one day prior to the day you wish to be seen.
Please call the Town of Hempstead Department of Buildings during our regular working hours for any questions or concerns you may have regarding the New York State Building Codes, the Town Code or the Town of Hempstead Building Zone Ordinance. The Department of Buildings can be reached at (516) 538-8500.